First day of classes! I forgot that I'm not actually just traveling and living in Florence so today was kind of a shocker. I somehow got lost on my to class. It was probably one of the most scenic walks ever and I actually found a lot of stuff along the way. I thought if I just kept walking East I would hit the Duomo but I was not North enough to ever hit it. Instead I ran into Santa Croce, the big pretty white church is how I like to reference it. So then I headed up North and went back west towards the Duomo, along the way I found the Oil Shoppe which is supposed to be one of the sandwich places I HAVE to try before I leave. Someone walked out as I was walking by and it smelt amazing. Then after walking in a giant circle around the Duomo I found my way and made it to campus. By the time I walked up the huge hill and arrived in my Italian classroom, I was completely exhausted.
My Italian teacher is funny and entertaining. However, I'm not sure he speaks any English. For elementary Italian I actually thought it was quite difficult. It was taught all in Italian, no English explanations and idk I just expected it to be super easy. After that I walked across "Death Valley" (which is basically a big deep valley that connects the two parts of campus) to get a cappucino and some kind of snack. I had 2 hrs before my Marketing make up class so we just chilled in the cafe doing nothing and discussing travel plans. It was strange to waste two hours of the day doing nothing, I guess the European lifestyle is kicking in.
Marketing wasn't bad except my teacher speaks so slow because he doesn't speak English well, so we'll see how that works out. The class I thought would be all familiar faces and a little Stern bubble but it actually wasn't. I was surprised that there were some CAS econ majors and a few people minoring in business. It was fine just not what I had anticipated. Something about being in Stern class felt comforting, so strange and ridiculous I know. I guess it reminded me of home (the Stern curve follows you abroad!). Also every class has a ridiculous amount of girls. I guess guys don't want to study abroad in Florence? I dont know. A bunch of us walked home together. We didnt pay attention to the pedestrian signs and got yelled at by the Italian police, whatever lol. Jesnie and I were starving when we got home so we made tortellini with a pesto sauce. It actually wasn't too bad. We are trying to save money in every way possible so that we can travel, so food needs to be cooked at home and cheap! Shopping needs to be completely eliminated (we'll see how long I can last).
Our anticipated travel plans include:
Prague, Venice, Switzerland, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amalfi Coast, Greece, and maybe Istanbul. (kinda in that order). However travel is so far from cheap and we also need to coordinate with the other kids in the different study abroad sites. We have checked ryanair.com and easyjet.com but please comment and leave travel websites if you know of any good ones. Also comment in general! I miss everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment