March 20, 2010

Spring Break-Prague

The next morning everyone had class so we explored Prague while the Prague study abroad kids had class. It was absolutely freezing (especially in comparison to Spain) so I was not really in the mood to explore. But we walked around Old Town and went shopping because we finally got to get out of the euro and use crowns (20 crowns=1 us dollar). We ate lunch at some mediterranean restaurant it was ok and then of course got Starbucks. We sat in Starbucks for a while because it was warm and we had some time to kill. Then we met everyone near the clock tower after class and took the subway back to the dorms. After we were all going to go out as a big group the prague kids plus there were a few people aside from Jesnie and I visiting to a Mexican restaurant. But supposably it couldn't fit all of us or there was a long wait. Instead we went out to dinner as a big group to some Italian restaurant. It was okay but Jesnie and I are used to Florence food. Mrs. Russo told me before I left that I was going to become a food snob. Well, its official lol we are all food snobs.

The next day we went out with everyone to get Mexican food at a different restaurant. It was really good and nice to eat good Mexican food. I've had it a couple times in Europe and none of it was really that great. Then we went to Prague castle with Sandhya because she doesnt have class on Wednesdays. We climbed this hill/mountain through this really adorable neighborhood to get to the castle. There were really pretty views of the city and also we saw Prague's mini version of the eiffel tower. Once we finally got to the top we walked past the guards and found the really pretty cathedral in the middle of the castle. Unfortunately it was too late and it was closed so we couldn't go inside. Then we were walking around for like an hour trying to find 'the castle'. Vidur kept asking people where the castle was and they all kept giving us random directions. Turns out there isn't really a castle. The castle is the church surrounded by this complex of buildings. Hilarious. We kept asking people where the castle was when we were in fact in it. Then we took the tram down to Charles Bridge which is supposed to be one of the oldest bridges in Europe. I dont know it was pretty though and full of vendors selling different things. Then I found another Starbucks got coffee and then we went back to the dorm so Sandhya could study for her exam. A lot of people had Thursday exams so we just chilled in the dorm that night. We tried to go out for Czech food for dinner but it was closed so we ended up eating Chinese food lol.

The next day we had lunch with Kaitlyn at an Indian restaurant in the mall. Then Kaitlyn went to class and Jesnie and I shopped at the mall for a little bit. It was weird to see like a real mall and we actually really liked it. On like the third floor I found a Starbucks again. I think I got my share of Starbucks to hold me over for the next couple weeks until I get to Paris to get it again. Then we left the mall to go back and explore Old Town again. It was really nice out so it was really enjoyable to explore this time. We went into the big church in the main square and then we paid to go to the top of the bell tower. The bell tower was actually really cool and we got to see the whole city and take pictures. On the hour there is a small show thing from the clock. These statues pop out and then the man at the top plays the trumpet. A ton of people stick around to see it but it's actually really lame. But after the little show we went to the market to buy souvenirs and stuff until they got out of class. Then we met everyone near the NYU buildings and took the subway back to the dorm. Everyone was really excited to be on Spring Break. For dinner we went to dinner at a really nice Thai place together again as a big group.

Our flight left super early that morning so we had to catch a cab at 4 am to get our 6 am flight. Then we landed in Milan at 7:30 and got into the city center around 8:30 am. Jesnie and I were going to spend the day in Milan and explore but we were way too tired. So we changed our train ticket to an earlier time and then went to the main piazza near the duomo. We took some pictures got some croissants and cappuccinos and then headed back to the train station. The train was about 4 hrs back to Florence because we took the slow one. It actually felt really good to be back 'home' in Florence. I just threw my stuff on the ground and fell asleep. Both of us slept most of the day. We woke up eventually because we were starving. We got pizza at our favorite place right around the corner.

Overall a very successful spring break. We got to see so many of our friends which made it so much fun. It was so relaxing and just simply wonderful. So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment